Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Winding Down Hospital Espisode One

Well finishing my chemo today. I've got to get a few lines pulled out tomorrow and a few other odds and ends. I should be leaving the hospital Thursday or Friday. My kidneys are almost back to normal and my left kidney is going to make it. I am very happy. I feel very blessed and again I can't express how much I appreciate all the support I have gotten from everyone. Truth be told I am a little uncomfortable with all this attention because I am just a worker bee. The blog entries will be more infrequent, like maybe weekly, just to let everyone know how things are going. I have to lay low at home because my white counts will be low but the oncologist is very hopeful and thinks the tumor will be gone in three treatments. Although the treatment will go on for about three months. I will be back before you know it.

Rod

5 comments:

  1. Dear Rod, Julie, and Madelyn,

    We love you so very much! We couldn't be happier to know that Rod will be home soon. God is so good! We thank Him for protecting you and giving you such strength. :)

    Love,
    John and Sonja

    Psalm 62:7-8
    "He alone is my rock & my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation & my honor depend on God, He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod, Julie, and Madelyn,

    Such great news to read! Glad to hear that all is going well for you. Now, remember to follow ALL of the doctor's orders and you will be back at it before you know it! Oh, and don't forget to laugh...that's the best medicine for everyone!

    Take care,

    Paul, Mary, Cody, and Amy Bommersbach

    P.S.: Please let Julie know if she needs anything to let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.

    Rod,

    When I was searching around blogspot I found a blog that featured your track! It was a nice article with pictures of the track written by the "Escape Route Report" back in '08. Here's the link. (Copy and paste it in your search window.)

    Luv, Sonja

    http://escaperoutereport.blogspot.com/2008/04/dr-huss-motocross-zen-mx.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dr. Huss,
    Miss not seeing you. Hurry back. Great news about your kidney. Time for a dose of laughter.
    A nurse was on duty in the Emergency Room when a young woman with purple hair styled into a punk rocker Mohawk, sporting a variety of tattoos, and wearing strange clothing, entered. It was quickly determined that the patient had acute appendicitis, so she was scheduled for immediate surgery. When she was completely disrobed on the operating table, the staff noticed that her pubic hair had been dyed green, and above it there was a tattoo that read, ‘Keep off the grass.’ Once the surgery was completed, the surgeon wrote a short note on the patient’s dressing, which said, ‘Sorry, had to mow the lawn.’
    You better listen to Lisa. She knows what she is talking about. :)
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is great news, kidneys are working, tumor will be gone and you will be home. We could not have asked for better news. Proof that the power of mass prayer really works and of course a determined pt. helps as well. We are really happy for you and your family. As always our love and prayers. Telly, Joel, Cody, and Dylan

    ReplyDelete