Friday, March 19, 2010

Day One of Chemo

Okay, enough from me. I am with Rod today and this what he is saying. I started chemo today and will take it steady for four days if my kidneys can handle the load. I am blown away by all the friends and their kind thoughts for me. I would also like to mention Dr. Bines, Dr. Jamison and Dr. Schlosser who have really come to my rescue to keep the practice going while I am laid up. Likewise to my office girls, Rosemary and Tammy, and all the nurses at the hospital. They have really worked hard at coordinating a minor disaster. So far the chemo has not bothered me at all and I'm chomping at the bit to get back at work but at the same time trying to catch up on my rest. I am blessed to have so many friends and family that have given me so much strength and the will to fight on. Ha, ha there is no way this freakin tumor will get the best of me.

Rod

6 comments:

  1. You go Rod!!! Open up that can of whoop-@$$!!! You got it down!!!

    We love ya Man!!!

    Always,

    The Creese Crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod,

    There's no doubt in my mind that we'll be on the track and I'll be looking at the back of your motorcycle soon.

    Johnny-Boy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rod,

    Keep up the fight. We're thinking about you often. Can't wait to see you back at the track.

    Sending all our love,
    Lynn, Jim, Ryder and Gage

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a great attitude, but we all know "that freakin tumor" would never get the best of you.
    with all our love and prayers Telly,Joel and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not fighting alone, we are all fighting with you and for you. You have given so much strength to all of us, and it's time that we give it back to you. I know that our friendship is stronger then ever and it gives me great strength in this difficult and uncertain time. I hope that you don't get tired of me showing up to visit you every day....but if you do...too bad..because I'm still coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We miss you so much at work!! keep up with the good spirits. I hope you get well soon. Angie, RN

    ReplyDelete