Wednesday, May 19, 2010

good news day

Yippie!!!!! Today I got a call from my oncology Dr and he told me that the PET scan I did yesterday showed NO CANCER in my body! This was a big relief to me and my family. All of the prayers and good wishes that I have received from everone has really helped this to happen......and I guess the CHEMO didn't hurt either. This will allow me to get the last 3 courses of CHEMO as an out patient which will make it a lot easier to arrange my work around. I feel very blessed...and I feel like I have my life and my body back. I'm slowly getting back into my job and so far so good. I can't express enough the gratitude I have for all of the support and love I have received from family, friends, co-workers, aquaintances, and patients. It has really helped me to weather the storm. Most of all, I thank God for allowing me more time on this earth and I have promised him that I will not waste it. He will not be sorry he granted me the time to grow a little older, grow a little wiser, and to help Julie raise Madelyn. I love you all. Rod

10 comments:

  1. YAY! That's great news!

    Love,
    Paul, Mary, Cody, and Amy Bommersbach

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rod,
    We are all so happy to hear that your scan results were what we all wanted to hear. I cannot express in words how much you mean to mean and how important you are in our lives...but I think that you know. During your stays at Cottage Hospital I was bleesed to have many times with you and I'm thankful that we were able to make something so positive out of your time doing Chemo. You have been amazing with your positive attitude and your work ethic to beat this Cancer. Thank you and your family for being such a big part of my life! Can't wait to see you on your 450, that will be a great ride day! Need any more magazines???? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Huss and family,
    May God continue to bless you.
    Hugs and love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so happy to hear this excellent news!! We are thanking and praising God for this answer to all the many prayers. Looking forward to seeing you at my next appointment.
    God bless you and your family,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am crying right now for you( Happy tears!) I am so happy for you and your family and wish you all the best. You will remain in my prayers. God makes great things happen and I am just so pleased you are an example of his awesome power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news to you and your family..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dr Huss and Family,
    Not sure if you are still checking in or not, but I have a joke to share.
    Su Wong marries Lee Wong.
    The next year,
    the Wongs have a new baby.
    The nurse brings out a lovely, healthy, bouncy,
    but definitely a Caucasian, WHITE baby boy.

    'Congratulations,' says the nurse to the new parents...
    'Well Mr. Wong, what will you and Mrs. Wong name the baby?'

    The puzzled father looks at his new baby boy and says,
    'Well, two Wong's don't make a white,
    so I think we will name him...
    SUM TING WONG
    Too funny. Keep laughing.
    Hugs and love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is wonderful news! Mark asked me to send you his best. Think of you often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Dr. & Julie,
    Just wanted to say hello and send you a funny.

    The religious Horse
    Once upon a time a man bought a horse. To make the horse go you had to say "hallelujah" to make the horse go and "amen" to make the horse stop.

    One day the man was riding his horse and then he realized he was about to ride right off the edge of a cliff.

    He was so scared he forgot how to make the horse stop. He thought this was the end of his life and he started praying, and ending the prayer by saying "amen".

    The horse suddenly stopped at the edge of the cliff. Relieved, the man said "hallelujah" with a sigh and off went the horse. :O]
    Hugs and Love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete