Sunday, May 9, 2010

Back home again and doing great

Well I finished my third round of chem about 6 days ago and I'm back home. I really have no ill effects from my chemo this time except for not being able to do anything physical for more than a few minutes without being wiped out. My red blood cells are really low and will be that way until after I completely finish my 6 courses of chemo.....probably early July, then the red cells will slowly build up to normal. A week from tomorrow on the 17th of May I will get a repeat CAT scan and a PET scan to see If I am tumor free (in remission). I haven't been back on any of my motorcycles yet but I'm staying active with all of the tractoring and gopher digging and watering trees and mowing and upkeep that keeps 20 acres running smoothly. Tomorrow I get to re-start my life at work. I have 2 Cesarean sections an induction of labor and an assist of a hysterectomy scheduled for the week plus seeing all my office patients doing 1/2 days. Oh ya!!!!!!














c

9 comments:

  1. Hey Rod,

    Good news that you're going back to work, I knew it wouldn't be long. You know what this means don't you? Back on the 450 before you know it!

    Love you,
    Johnny Boy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So glad to hear you are back :) Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers daily!
    Love,
    The Stouppe Fam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dr. Huss,
    It was SO GOOD to see you at my appointment today! I'm very thankful you are back and doing so well. You looked great! The care I received at your office while you were gone was terrific, but there is nothing like having our favorite--Dr. Huss--back and doing what you do so well! Thank you for your EXCELLENT care during my pregnancies! My family is continuing to pray for your health and continued recovery.
    Love and prayers,
    Melanie

    May 10, 2010 7:46 PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are "DA MAN"! Roger, maybe =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dr. Huss,
    It is really nice to hear you are back. You are a very special guy to a lot of people. I will continue to pray for your full recovery and increased strength everyday. You take it easy and don't over do. Nice to see you and squeeze you.
    Hugs and love, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are truly amazing! It's so great to hear that you are doing well. I continue to pray for you every day! We all love you! Also to your wife who has truly stepped up to the plate!

    Eric, Anna, Cody, Nick and Christiana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Huss
    Thinking about you and praying all your tests go well. Remission here you come. :)
    Have a great day.
    Hugs and love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Rod and Julie,

    We know today is a big test day for Rod. We are PRAYING that the test results would be the best news possible....cancer free! We love you guys.

    Love, John and Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dr. Huss, Julie and Madelyn,
    It is difficult to describe my feelings. I am overwhelmed with happiness for all of you. Your positive attitude, prayer and spirit has been your armour. I guess chemo helps, too. :)
    Julie you are truely a special woman. Your family is very fortunate to have a thoughtful and kind soul at their sides.
    You all take care. It is very nice to see the doctor again. You will all be in my thoughts. Out of sight, but never out of mind.
    Hugs and love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete