Monday, June 28, 2010

coming down the home stretch

Hi everyone. I don't know if anyone is still reading this blog but just in case, I'll spill my guts again. I have one more chemo to go. My last chemo is July 6.
That's just one week away. This is my good week right now. I'm feeling pretty good now. I have a little bit of energy and can actually work for a little while without feeling totally out of breath. My muscle mass is really taking a hit with this chemo. It's probably going to take a year to get back to normal as far as my strength is concerned. I rode my street bike to Santa Maria last week and was really sore the next three days. I'm still working half days in my office but I'm taking all of my call days which is 5 out of 7 days. Afternoon naps are necessary most days. I encounter well wishers every day in town which is really a boost to me. I'm suprised at how many people still think I have cancer and are relieved to find out I am in remission. I'm still not too sure how my oncologist is going to follow me after the chemo ends....I think he will repeat the PET scan at 6 mos and probably do labs every 3 mos. I'll try to make one more entry sometime after my last chemo and then maybe retire this blog. Love you all.....Rod

7 comments:

  1. We're still reading and love the updates! Keep 'em coming! We hope you have a great week! Thinking of ya!

    -Brian and Christina Haggerty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Dr. Huss, Dano and I are religiously following your blog, we are glad you are writting in it still as we think about you all the time and want to hear how you are doing. We are so happy for you that you are feeling well and having a good week. WE'll be thinking of you and you'll be in our prayers on July 6th. Keep the updates coming. We really hope to see you one of these Saturdays. You've gotta meet baby Logan! Love, Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rod,

    We love you! Even though we're in touch...we still love to read what you write. We pray for you every day and are so filled with joy that you are in remission! See you guys at the movies. :)

    Love,
    Johnny Boy, Sonja, Jaker, Josh, and Little SJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEY! I am so glad your doing better:) Your in my prayers.Jessica McCraw

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Buddy Boy!
    By now you are finished with your Chemo....NO MORE MILKSHAKES! Now we need to get you feeling better and get you on the treadmill, maybe even a bicycle so that you can get strong enough to manhandle that 450! I hope that you will continue your remarkable recovery from this cancer, you have amazed me every step along the way and I can't wait for you to complete your recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dr. Huss,
    It was really nice to see you and give you a big hug today. I have been thinking about you alot and wondering how your treatments were going. I am very happy for your remission and pray for continued health. You keep taking your naps. Here is a funny:
    The First Jump
    A man goes skydiving for the first time. After listening to the instructor for what seems like days, he is ready to go.
    Excited, he jumps out of the airplane. About five seconds later, he pulls the ripcord. Nothing happens.

    He tries again. Still nothing.

    He starts to panic, but remembers his back-up chute. He pulls that cord. Nothing happens. He frantically begins pulling both cords, but to no avail.

    Suddenly, he looks down and he can't believe his eyes. Another man is in the air with him, but this guy is going UP!

    Just as the other guy passes by, the skydiver -- by this time scared out of his wits -- yells, "Hey, do you know anything about skydiving?"

    The other guy yells back, "No! Do you know anything about gas stoves?"

    If you retire your blog, how can I keep in touch?
    Hugs and love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the update. We` re so happy to hear you`re in remission. We love you and will keep praying for you!
    Love,
    The Turner Family
    Clay, Yvette,Jocelyn ang Clancy :)

    ReplyDelete