Monday, April 19, 2010

Five Days Post Second Round of Chemo

Well, I'm still here gang. I got four units of blood while I was in the hospital which boosted my energy level a bit. I'm still way under my red cell volume but I can do more things before I get tired as I still tire easily. I'm doing much better this time than I did after the first cycle of chemo. That pesky digestion problem returned so I guess this will be a normal thing for me after chemo. I'm trying to push myself just a little bit to try and get better but it's hard to find that fine line between pushing to much and being a slug. I am making progress though. Physically I feel like I am cured or at least in remission. I have to wait for one more chemo to get the confirmatory test. I continue to be amazed at all the good will pouring into me from all my friends, acquaintances, current and past patients. It's truly a source of strength to help me keep my attitude positive despite all the things that are happening on the sidelines. It is nice to have everybody pulling for me. I am hoping to get back to work soon. It's difficult not working while the rest of the world just keeps sailing along. Thanks again to everyone for your support. Check back later.

Rod

5 comments:

  1. Great to hear your doing so well with the Chemo and energy level is gaining. Also it was great to see and HEAR the bikes this past weekend. Mette and I did not realize how much we missed it. Hope you had a great time and birthday.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Dcotor,
    Glad to hear round two is better. Don't forget your "apple a day". I understand that the pectin in the apple is good for digestion. I found an encouraging quote for you.
    If you're going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill
    He was a wise man. You definitely do not want to make a stop in hell, just "keep on truckin'"
    Hugs and love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dr. Huss,

    I'm so glad to hear things are better than the last and things continue to improve. Ferren asked about you often. Take care.

    Love,
    Richard, Rita and Ferren Washington

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Uncle Rod!! We had a great time at the ranch on Saturday. There is nothing better for our family then spending a Saturday at your house. We love you and are glad you are feeling better this time around. You looked great on Saturday.
    TO EVERYONE ELSE
    Ken Symer and I have set up a donation fund in Rod's name. Donations can be made at any branch of Santa Barbara Bank and Trust. The account is called the Rodney Huss Memorial Fund (I know, kind of strange, but those are the rules). If anyone needs more information I can be reached at jenn@hallcontractingcorporation.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're so glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction! Your friends at Honda are thinking about you and praying with you. Keep that throttle open, you've got a lot of laps left in ya!

    Dan, Tati and the entire Honda Crew

    ReplyDelete